Rhodes Family Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Vahid Tarokh’s research is in pursuing new formulations and approaches to getting the most out of datasets.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Rhodes Family Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 130 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-7594
- Email Address: email@example.com
Foundations of AI, Foundations of Signal Processing, Learning Representations, Transfer Learning, Meta-Learning, Physics Infused Learning, Extreme Value Theory, Dependence Modeling, Hypothesis Testing, Sequential Analysis.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Member. National Academy of Engineering. 2019
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- COMPSCI 675D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 685D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- MATH 493: Research Independent Study
- Lin, J; Hasan, M; Acar, P; Blanchet, J; Tarokh, V, Neural network accelerated process design of polycrystalline microstructures, Materials Today Communications, vol 36 (2023) [10.1016/j.mtcomm.2023.106884] [abs].
- Soloveychik, I; Tarokh, V, Region selection in Markov random fields: Gaussian case, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol 196 (2023) [10.1016/j.jmva.2023.105178] [abs].
- Peng, R; Dong, J; Malof, J; Padilla, WJ; Tarokh, V, Deep Generalized Green's Functions (2023) [abs].
- Hasan, A; Chen, Y; Ng, Y; Abdelghani, M; Schneider, A; Tarokh, V, Inference and Sampling of Point Processes from Diffusion Excursions (2023) [abs].
- Le, CP; Dong, J; Aloui, A; Tarokh, V, Few-Shot Continual Learning for Conditional Generative Adversarial
Networks (2023) [abs].