Rhodes Family Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Vahid Tarokh’s research is in pursuing new formulations and approaches to getting the most out of datasets.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Rhodes Family Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 130 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-7594
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundations of AI, Foundations of Signal Processing, Learning Representations, Transfer Learning, Meta-Learning, Physics Infused Learning, Extreme Value Theory, Dependence Modeling, Hypothesis Testing, Sequential Analysis.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Member. National Academy of Engineering. 2019
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- COMPSCI 675D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 685D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- MATH 493: Research Independent Study
- Le, Q; Diao, E; Wang, X; Anwar, A; Tarokh, V; Ding, J, Personalized Federated Recommender Systems with Private and Partially
Federated AutoEncoders (2022) [abs].
- Li, B; Wu, S; Tripp, EE; Pezeshki, A; Tarokh, V, Minimax Concave Penalty Regularized Adaptive System Identification (2022) [abs].
- Aloui, A; Dong, J; Le, CP; Tarokh, V, Causal Knowledge Transfer from Task Affinity (2022) [abs].
- Venkatasubramanian, S; Gogineni, S; Kang, B; Pezeshki, A; Rangaswamy, M; Tarokh, V, Data-Driven Target Localization Using Adaptive Radar Processing and
Convolutional Neural Networks (2022) [abs].
- Yang, W; Wang, G; Ding, J; Yang, Y, A Theoretical Understanding of Neural Network Compression from Sparse
Linear Approximation (2022) [abs].