John H. Nicholson
Adjunct Associate Professor in the Pratt School of Engineering
Currently I serve on the Cybersecurity Masters Steering Committee in the Pratt School of Engineering. Until the fall of 2017 I was the instructor for EGRMGMT 550 and 551, the Internship and the Internship Assessment, in the Master of Engineering Management program. Previously I advised an independent study in Software Engineering Management and have also developed and mentored semester-long corporate-sponsored Consulting Practicums (EGRMGMT 556) for the program.
I continue to enjoy helping students develop professional and career enhancing skills. The last two years I mentored an undergraduate team for the Atlantic Council's Cyber 9/12 Student competition held at American University and continue mentoring the Duke Cyber Team.
In 2019 I joined the board of the Center for Christianity and Scholarship at Duke. With over 30 years experience at IBM and Lenovo in the areas of cybersecurity, software, product management, and technology management, I have a certification in Information Systems Security (CISSP) and my research interests are in the area of cybersecurity technologies and strategy.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor in the Engineering Graduate and Professional Programs
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.B.A. Duke University, 1974
- B.S.E.E. Duke University, 1972
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- IBM Faculty Award. IBM Corporation. 2013
In the News
- Data and Decision Making: Master's Students Take a Practical Approach (Mar 3, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering)