Emilia Chiscop Head
Emilia Chiscop-Head, PhD is the Administrative Manager for FinTech and Cybersecurity Master’s Programs. In this role, she provides overall administrative coordination of two cutting edge, emerging master's programs, guides program's workflow strategy and organization of essential processes, and develops communication strategies.
Dr. Chiscop-Head is a former journalist and a book author with graduate degrees in Bioethics, International Development Policy, Business Administration and History. Her first book - News Press in Iasi. 1890-1910, Junimea Iasi, 2018 – is the published version of her Ph.D. dissertation - defended at the Romanian Academy of Science in 2015. Her most recent book, In Search of Authenticity. Revelations and Portraits from the City of Active Meditation, Junimea Iasi, 2019, includes interviews with reputed Romanian intellectuals.
Dr. Emilia Chiscop-Head is a graduate of Duke University’s Master of International Development Policy Program, preceded by a master’s degree in Bioethics at Case Western Reserve University as a Fogarty International Center fellow. Before moving to the United States, Emilia had an internationally awarded career in journalism, in her native country, Romania.
Before she joined Pratt, Emilia Chiscop-Head worked for over four years as a Scientific Integrity Associate for the Duke Office of Scientific Integrity. In this role she designed and led tens of research integrity roundtables for faculty and researchers and led communications for the office. Previously she served as the Senior Manager for Education of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society and the Manager of the Huang Fellows Program where she was instrumental in designing curriculum, program development, and teaching.
Doctor of Philosophy, History, Romanian Academy of Science, Iasi, Romania, 2015
Master of International Development Policy, Duke University, Durham, NC, 2012
Master of Arts, Bioethics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2011
Master of Business Administration (equivalent), Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Iasi, Romania, 2001
Master of Arts, History, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Iasi, Romania, 1996
Bachelor of Arts, History, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Iasi, Romania,1995
Leadership Certificate of Excellence, Human Resources, DUKE UNIVERSITY, 2019
Intercultural Skills Development Program, DUKE INTERNATIONAL HOUSE, 2016
Appointments and Affiliations
- Office Location: Hudson Hall, 213, Science Dr., Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: +1 510 367 6403
- Email Address: email@example.com
History of Romanian Media, Research Ethics, Bioethics
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fogarty Center Scholarship. NIH. 2010
- The European Commission’s Prize for Health Journalists, 3rd place in Europe, 2009 (inaugural edition). European Commission. 2009
- The Rosalynn Carter Fellowship for Mental Health Journalism. The Carter Center. 2008
In the News
- Emilia Chiscop, a crystal strong journalist (Jan 15, 2020)
- Nasc si la Moldova Oameni (Aug 8, 2019 | Observator Cultural)
- Changing Headlines: Mental Health Journalism Fellowships Impact Romania (Sep 10, 2012 | The Carter Center)
- Chiscop Head, E, In Search of Authenticity: Revelations and Portraits from the City of Active Meditation (2019) [abs].
- Chiscop Head, E, News Press in Iasi: 1890-1910 (2018) [abs].
- , Mental Health Policy and the Media (2013) [abs].
- Chiscop Head, E; Loue, S, Loue S., Chiscop E. “Mental Illness Research in Romania: A Review of Author Attention to Ethical Norms”. The Romanian Journal of Bioethics. 2014: (12)4, p. 84-95; www.bioetica.ro [abs].
- Chiscop, E; Chiscop Head, E, Chiscop E. “Tackling the Brain Drain from Romania’s Health Workforce: Problem Analysis and Policy Recommendations”. The Romanian Journal of Bioethics. 2013: 11(3); www.bioetica.ro [abs].